Friday, June 19, 2009

Thanks...

I just want to say thanks to everyone for your prayers...During this entire time, I felt the peace of God thanks to ongoing prayer. We asked for specific prayers to get her to eat well, let the medicine work, and protect her hearing and all were answered. I truly know how blessed we are to have experienced this short illness when compared to many other families we encountered at Riley. On our floor, I did not get to speak to many because we were in isolation, but I know that there was a teenager with significant burns, a little girl who had been there for two weeks and was going home with IV medications and a PIC line, and several other children with developmental delays who were ill. I never felt overwhelmed, mad, confused, or frustrated...except for lack of sleep at one point! I was blessed to be able to access food and a shower at the Ronald McDonald House everyday. We were blessed to have visitors just when we needed them and phone calls and text messages of encouragement all day and night. We did not experience diaper rash or thrush and with all those antibiotics...that is a real miracle! We are still waiting to complete a hearing screening, but we feel her hearing is fine based on observations at home. Her reflexes are still in tact and functioning. We truly experienced walking by faith and not by sight. Thank you for all of your prayers.
Kristi, Andy, Addi, Mia and Sophie

2 comments:

Janet said...

So thankful you all are doing well and Addi is home from the hospital. We will remember you all and please let us know how the tests come out. Love you all.

Anonymous said...

I am so glad Addi is doing well and the whole family is home together. Riley sure can do amazing things for its kids and their families. You are in our thoughts and prayers. Take care and keep us posted on Addi's progress. Allison Sorgen